Attack On Titans

 

Anime is basically any type of Japanese animation. Early productions which began in the  1920's and the influences of American cartoons such as Betty Boop and Popey The Sailorman could be seen although it's own style was  beginning to emerge from early on. 

By the 1960's cartoonists such as Osamu Tezuka were defining a detict Japanese style    

JUMP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xonwEDkrxI 


Jumping forward to the 1980's I used to hop and flip with my two brothers to Monkey Magic on a Saturday afternoon role playing the scenes and stories we had watched. Little did I know that Monkey was the inspiration for the main character from Dragon Ball Son Goku.  -- Ken Lambert 

----------------------------------

I remember watching this movie in the cinema when I was 10, there was only 1 ticket left in the screen room so my father had to wait in the exit of the cinema, that was my first time going alone to the cinema




Dragon Ball - 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYY1manqaw

             

                                         Lesson by Mario Gallego and Kenneth Lambert 

This is a reading and gaming exercise. We will look at the ten year old Japanese series that has become a championed animated work of art. 

Objective – Expand vocabulary related to film and social opinion. 

Grammar - Reported speech - 

Class duration – Two - 1 hour session \ Number of students – 1 – 3 maximum

The majority of corrections are given in real time during the online class with notes taken and written in the CHAT option in Microsoft teams, google MEET or skype.

This lesson plan is a collaborative project between Mario Gallego and myself . Mario is RELAYING a lot of the information to me and writing material. For that reason when I am  writing it is REPORTED from what Mario has told me. 


I came across Attack on Titan because my sister forced me to watch it, she always said: "Its the best series that you will ever see" or "watch it please  you will like it" and after see it, she was right! - Mario 

I love the mix of medieval and Japanese anime. There are a lot of different TAKES on the styles and imagery related to the series such as the drawing to the left  depicts the basic environment or setting. 

The distance between the walls could be several kilometers. 

"The form of the walls is like a big rounded circle of pure wall with 50 meters of height, also in some parts of the wall there are like extensions with a semicircled form which have an important role to defend the three most important inner circles" - Mario 




My impressions of the blog below are very good, it not only explains how good the series is but also tells morelike  his personal experience watching the series, the polemics which involved the series and his creator, the animation that use to bring to life every episode and also the good impressions he got from the series.

After reading the review for second time Mario TOLD me that parts of the series might not COME ACROSS well with a lot of people. 


https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/how-attack-on-titan-became-one-of-the-most-impactful-polarizing-anime-ever



When we PASS ON a story from ourselves to someone else we us reported speech with verbs such 

tell, said  and ask. 


Direct speech becomes reported -- 


Tense

Direct Speech

Reported Speech

present simple

I like ice cream

She said (that) she liked ice cream.

present continuous

I am living in London

She said (that) she was living in London.

past simple

I bought a car

She said (that) she had bought a car OR She said (that) she bought a car.

past continuous

I was walking along the street

She said (that) she had been walking along the street.

present perfect

I haven't seen Julie

She said (that) she hadn't seen Julie.

past perfect*

I had taken English lessons before

She said (that) she had taken English lessons before.

will

I'll see you later

She said (that) she would see me later.

would*

I would help, but...

She said (that) she would help but...

can

I can speak perfect English

She said (that) she could speak perfect English.

could*

I could swim when I was four

She said (that) she could swim when she was four.

shall

I shall come later

She said (that) she would come later.

should*

I should call my mother

She said (that) she should call her mother

might*

I might be late

She said (that) she might be late

must

I must study at the weekend

She said (that) she must study at the weekend OR She said she had to study at the weekend

As you can see most of the main verbs go back a tense in reported speech-- 

Practice below with the sentences -- 

1. “What’s for dinner tonight?”, he asked.

  1. “Where shall we go on holiday this year?”, I was wondering.

  2. “Have you done your homework?”, Asked the teacher.

  3. “What’s the capital of Uruguay?” Steve wanted to know.

  4. “What’s the tallest building in the world?” Asked Bill.

  5. “Where’re the next Olympic Games going to be held?” Wondered Jake.

  6. “Can you ride a bike?” Asked John.

  7. “Where do you think you’re going?” Asked the policeman.

  8. “Where were you when Kennedy was shot?” Bill asked.

  9. “What have you learnt since I last saw you?” He wanted to know



Choose mode - Kahoot!

Comments