In the city

I managed to get another three pallets to Madrid in July of this year after the shows in Madrid,Ireland and the art fair in Barcelona.Alot of logistics and money I don´t have!! But fortunatly I have a free place to store it for the moment.


I havn´t been on the blog in a long while since I just didn´t have any time or alot of news artistically. I needed to get a job here or else leave.Luckily what seems to be one of the only growth industries in Spain at the moment is teaching English, so I august I completed an intensive course in Celta that alomost gave me a nervous breakdown!! But it was worth it and quite inspiring to experience such a level of excellent tutoring a big YO YO to Jo and Sheamus.) Immedlatly after I was fortunate enough to get a place on the BEDA programme ( I´ll get back to this later) Cheers Greg and for the first in a long time I could breath a little easier.It has been a very intense year emtionally and every other way I guess it´s the same for everybody?Any way here are a few pictures of places in Madrid.

This shop is Riesco just off Granvia (where all the freakiest pros are!) and it has everything you could ever need for sculpture and you probably just don´t know what it is yet.It always busy and the inside is lined with small boxes of weird and wonderful S***t.




This was an installation in the tabacalera in september which I thought was really cool the way artist used simple styrofoam and merged with the wall graffithi. Unfortunatly there has been alot of trouble at the Tabacalera over the last six months with the deepening crises in Spain and general degradation of the centre.The centre had to close to the public for a period and is presently only open to the people working at the workshops. The space opens occassional for cultural events and hopefully in the future it will find it´s feet again.



I am not sure of the exact date (I´ll find out later) but every year there is a major cycle through the city of Madrid, around 14 kilometers and it finishes in the retiro sometime in september.It´s very cool and I will definitly take part next year. I went to the city center early on a sunday morning not knowing this and it was so strange to come out of the metro near Sol and it was soo quiet just hundreds of people of bicycles.

Comments