Ophelia 1940 - Finally





I was an invited artist in the 2009 annual RHA exhibition in Dublin so I submitted this piece of work.but I wasn't happy still with the composition. I painted a sea green initially on the back whcih I then changed to a enamel blue which I felt was alot better but still I felt the resin was reflected enough. After the show I worked on the piece again.I polished by hand with very fine paper and spent alot of time buffing it afterwards.

I felt the white illumintaed the orange in the planes really well but that it jus looked a bit boring and you couldn't really see the clouds. On the base of a plinth I had used this texture of the repeated house and garden from above and after much deliberation I thought I could possibly work well on this piece and then the work was done.

Comments