Amarillo



As Rafa and myself came back from the park after painting the figures I noticed the very strong yellow flowers that had fallen from the trees above recently. In the sun and against the clean ground the appeared quite illuminous.I went and picked up some of the fallen flowers and the yellow pigment was like that of pollen, dusty and rich in colour.

I wanted to do something with it. I thought first of drawing out a name of an old shop just of Sol in the city centre called 'Palacio de la moda' in the tached style of writing as it appears outside the shop door.I would draw it out first paint over in in a watered down wood mix and place the yellow fowers onto it.The text reminded me of the thirties and forties movies where you would see sometimes leaves blowing on the ground and displaying a name or date relevant to the story.I saw the yellow flowers been blown and leaving behind 'Palacio de la moda'. When I began to work on the street I quickly realised that the idea was to subtle and then I spotted the street lamp shadow.It's a simple idea but I think it works well.

Comments