This must be the place 2018




For a long time now I wanted to exhibit some large sculptures some of which were not entirely finished but that didn't matter because nothing was for sale it was more just to put on an event here in this space known as sala de jeffes (rooms of the bosses). In the past this was the administration area of the tobacco company and for me int´s the most interesting architecturally. 


The tiled floor is still pristeen and the door frames and fan windows create an atmosphere reminisicant for me of Argentina in the 1940s, I don´t know why since I have never even been there. I wanted to show pieces that complimented the space, the larger sculptures which are comprised of smaller forms making up the entire work fitted in well. 

This is not traditionally an exhibition space and it's the first time large sculptures have been exhibitied here for these reasons I also showed illustrations mapping out the process in which the pieces were made. The works were created and changed over many years before getting to a stage that I was happy with.

I showed sketch book animations that I had made exhibiting them on a small DVD screen inside a replica of my family home in pebbledash 1:75. I held a small opening and a few mates played some music, good fun.





















Comments