CAOS - Caixa forum Madrid - March 2013

It has been along time since I have added anything to my blog.This is due to the fact that I am working full time as a teacher now and I have had a lot to learn and alot of kids to get to know.

But such is life and we are always learning new things I guess I just expect to be learning so many at the same time.Anyway I will start adding more stuff now that I have had a show in Madrid and another two coming up in Germany in July.
I´m just gonna put in a few interesting exhibitions I have seen lately in Madrid starting with this show CAOS in the Caixa forum.The show was about different societies from around the world that hold similar rituals in the advent of winter and the celebration of the new beginning.These rituals reflect nature in the way that they are based on the need for chaos and energy in order to entice a new beginning.



Most of the more elaborate costumes came from museums in Switzerland and are not that old 1880- 1900´s while alot of the smaller artifacts are from all the world.The emphasis in the show was this need in different societies to enact and release themselves from the physical world and into the world of the shamen and spirits.This altered state would be induced through dance, ritual processions or some type of natural hallucinogens. Like the oceans of earth crashing against the rocks and releasing the essential minerals in the turbulent winter months the chaos of the shamen rituals are seen as essential to entice the beginning of spring and rebirth.

Comments