Annual Royal Hibernian Academy 2012

This year I submitted three works to the annual show at the RHA and two were accepted which I was very happy about.This small drawing was taken from a photograph of middle abbey street in Dublin.I have sen this sign for years everytime I come out of Easons and It always struck me as a bit of time frozen a bit like the shope below with the BIG NEW YORK outside.These signs should be protected cultural and historical aspects of the city.I look at this sign and I see a thousand scenarios that happened at the cafe ritz. Medium - Pencil & Gouach / Dimensions (h x w x d)28 x 21.5 x 4cm
This house is a model of my family home in Rathfarnham and I have similar pieces before in diffeent materials also another in matches with the texture resembling the sea on it´s surface which was exhibited last year at the G11 gallery in Berlin.It´s strange the way the exact same structure comprised of the same material all the time can change in your personal perception of it as you grow older. Medium - Matches , shellac, domestic paint. / Dimensions - (h x w x d) 39 x 38 x 29cm

Comments