What now?



As I said this last show while making great connections in the city of Madrid has leaft me really stretched and in debt.I have persued my artistic career solely since I lost the casual work I was getting as a technician in the Irish museaum of moden art in January 2010 and in the new year I will study to teach english abroad.

In the future I realise that my financing must be sought from several different possible areas ,teaching, grants, awards,and sales.The only one of these that I feel I could rely on is teaching in the immediate future.I hope to persue establishing an academy in Madrid but this I feel will take two or three years.There are numerous independant academies
in Madrid and in February 2012 I will hold a solo exhibition in such an academy in Malasana
called El enclave an academy of painting and drawing.Over the coming year I intend to research the backround of such academies in Madrid and develope the structure and manner in which I would establish such an academy.

Presently I am teaching classes for free at La tabacalera in sculpture.These classes are working in clay and sculpting the head from a model and drawings.The classes will resume after christmas until I return to Ireland in early January.Teaching classes even for a short period and the exhibitions both enable me to to develope good contacts in the city and are helping me to get to know the art community in madrid.

Comments