Comenzar - Madrid - 21-31 Diciembre


I finally got the show together in Madrid after several major obstacles and headaches along the way. I don´t think I will organise an independant show of this size again abroad like this. To be honest it is just too much work and stress for a little return.

I feel it was a good thing to do for a number of different reasons and I hope in the future it will stand to me but I am kind of worn out from the whole thing now and I need a break.I have done all of the work for this show on a tiny budget and I have still put myself in debt.But I have learnt alot this year and established good connections with different art collectives, academies and galleries and with the Irish embassy in Madrid all of which I would not have done if it were not for the exhibition.

Over the next couple of years I hope to establish an Irish academy of drawing , sculptue and the visual arts in Madrid now over the following year I hope to deepen my connections In Madrid while simultanously completing work for a solo show in Dublin in April and several group shows coming up over the next year.

Getting back to the show now, the work consists of a selection of drawings , sculptures and animations made over mainly the last five years. I had been working on the streets of Madrid during the summer between a number of trips I made while organising the show and I wanted to incorporate the work in some way in the show so my self and a friend made a fullsize origami horse like one I had made during the summer.

Comments