Workshops at La tabacalera


I am Madrid now until the end of December due to the fact that I will be having a show here and basically I have to organise everything.I have already transported the work from Ireland a month ago and presently it is stored at La tabacalera.

For the past year I have been going back and forth from Dublin to Madrid developing contacts with both galleries and work spaces.I still work and live in dublin, It really has been a very intensive and confusing year but now I feel I am finally getting things done. www.Latabacalera.net have given me a free workshop space for the periods I am in Madrid and in return I have agreed to give free workshops in traditional sculptural practices, like working in clay, casting plaster, lost wax process etc..

On the 22nd of november I started the first workshop which will modeling in clay. After each session the work and the stage of the process will be documented on the blog in spanish so that the students can revise the methods in between the classes.
There will be classes every tuesday and thursday with a model on the thursdays.The classes will last until the end of my show in December after which stage I will return to Dublin to work in the studio and begin organising the solo exhibition for april at the templebar cultural trust www.templebar.ie in Dublin.

Comments