Origami installation



I really liked the idea of this installation but the budget was way too expensive. It was not just the cost of making the horses by also the transportation, storage etc..

Sculpture is like buying a car,if you buy an expensive car all the other things, fuel, maintenance are also going to be more expensive and the same with sculpture.You pay for large pieces to be fabricated you have to think of all the after costs and unless it's a commission it's practically impossible to concieve. So I had to find another way of creating a similar installation with a practically non-excistant budget.So I thought of origami!

First of all I made a model, I wanted the sense of a stage or one of those things you shake and the snow falls.With regards to the horse I was thinking of Orson Wells 'Citizan Kane'as he dies and speaks out 'Rosebud'. I wanted to get that sense of an inner world and use the style of vingetting that you often see in movies in what I would consider a golden age the 30's and 40's

Comments