Animations



I have also completed several animation shorts relating to this story.I hope to bring the shorts together into one single animation piece eventually.I wish to express the experiences I had felt at these times, the multitude of shock,fear and loss and an unbearable sadness at times.

How people you love are here and then just gone and how ephemeral everything begins to seem dissipating and slipping away in memories.Not wanting to forget any part of the person but not wanting to feel that you are dwelling on death and feeling guilty for all these different emotions.You have stepped into a new reality and you have no references to guide you but you must learn to live now in this world of loss.

I had emotions at these times from elation to pure darkness and fear but to me the story of the horse is a story of love.All through this time I thought of my mother and her emanating love for all of us and though she had passed and she had taken a part of all our hearts I did not see her in a sad way when I visualised her in my minds eye or when I thought of her and experiences we had shared.

At this same time I was drawn to graphic illustrators such people as Seth, Chris Weir, stories written by Harvey Pekar, Jason Lutes, Art Speigelman and Richard Maguire among others.There is a great tenderness and humanity found in a lot of graphic illustrators that I believe is rarely found in contemporary art. Maybe because art on a wall is so much more self aware than the words and images of an artist are safe between the covers of a book.It is also the combination of certain illustrators to marry the imagery and story where both flow.When I talk of illustrators I refer to specifically the graphic writers and not commercial illustrators.

I get great satisfaction from the hatching of Robert Crumb or the flat muted spacial captions of Seth or the beautiful almost kaleidoscope but equally neat explosion of colours in the work of Chris Weir.

Comments